The Cardiac Surgery Department treats patients who require a surgical correction.
Although many patients can be treated using catheter techniques some patients will be referred to the Cardiac Surgery Department for heart surgery.
The department assures the surgical treatment of cardiac diseases in adults and mainly treats heart rhythm problems in children and adolescents.
Minimally invasive techniques are used daily for all aspects of cardiac surgery in order to reduce the surgical trauma and to offer patients a better cosmetic result.
You can visit the consulting doctors after making an appointment
+32 2 477 60 09
Where should you register?
The entrance of the Centre for Cardiovascular Diseases is situated near the hospital's main entrance.
The centre itself is situated in the Louis Tielemans Pavilion, level +1 (Route 180).
When entering the hospital through the main entrance immediately take a left and walk through the glass passageway. Turn left at the end of the passage and take the elevator to level +1. When exiting the elevator you will see the registration and appointment desk straight ahead.
What should you bring?
- Patient's ID card
- Patient's health insurance (SIS) card
- A referral from your GP or specialist, if any
- Results of previous examinations or other medical documents
- Insurance data if your examination is scheduled in the context of a medical assessment
- List of medications you are taking
- Approval certificate for medication from your health insurance fund
- Dietary or nutritional plan.
- Patients will have to pay a supplementary fee for consultations outside the doctor's regular consultation times. Please enquire about this when making an appointment.
- The examinations that take place in the context of a preventive sports medicine research at the request of a third party (sport club, bond or other institution), are excluded from the health insurance and be fully charged to the patient.
- Please inform us at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend your scheduled consultation or examination. You can do this by calling + 32 2 477 60 09 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. An administrative fee of € 15 may be charged if you fail to turn up for an appointment or an examination.