Heart diseases are still the main cause of death among the adult population in the western world.
Cardiology is the medical specialisation which focuses on the identification, diagnosis and treatment of various heart-related diseases.
Each of the doctors of our team has been trained in general cardiology and they will gladly help you with any questions you may have relating to heart disease.
As is the case with each aspect of medicine, cardiologists can also specialise in their discipline. Find out more about the various specialisations in the "What do we do?" section.
You can visit the consulting doctors after making an appointment by calling
+32 (0)2 477 60 09
Where should you register?
The entrance of the Centre for Cardiovascular Diseases is situated near the hospital's main entrance.
The centre itself is situated in the Louis Tielemans Pavilion level +1 (Route 180).
When entering the hospital through the main entrance immediately take a left and walk through the glass passageway. Turn left at the end of the passage and take the elevator to level +1. When exiting the elevator you will see the registration and appointment desk straight ahead.
What should you bring?
- Patient's ID card
- Patient's health insurance (SIS) card
- A referral from your GP or specialist, if any
- Results of previous examinations or other medical documents
- Insurance data if your examination is scheduled in the context of a medical assessment
- List of medications you are taking
- Approval certificate for medication from your health insurance fund
- Dietary or nutritional plan.
- Patients will have to pay a supplementary fee for consultations outside the doctor's regular consultation times. Please enquire about this when making an appointment.
- The examinations that take place in the context of a preventive sports medicine research at the request of a third party (sport club, bond or other institution), are excluded from the health insurance and be fully charged to the patient.
- Please inform us at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend your scheduled consultation or examination. You can do this by calling + 32 2 477 60 09 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. An administrative fee of € 15 may be charged if you fail to turn up for an appointment or an examination.